an evening walk in fish creek park

Nature is ever at work building and pulling down, creating and destroying,
keeping everything whirling and flowing, allowing no rest but in rhythmical motion,
chasing everything in endless song out of one beautiful form into another. 
John Muir 


Spring in Fish Creek Park. Though it arrived a little late, it is ever so welcome. 

Fish Creek Park is a provincial park located in south Calgary, and very close to my home. It is the second largest urban park in Canada and one of the largest urban parks in North America, stretching 19 km from east to west.It is bordered on all sides by this beautiful city of mine. 

When the urban craziness gets to be too much, it is the perfect place to escape. Standing high on the ridge in Parkland, I can see the gorgeous landscape of this side of the park. It has changed over the years. The floods made sure of that. But it is always beautiful... peaceful.

Deer live here and often visit the bordering neighbourhoods. And a couple of little ones came my way as I walked quietly on my own. Evenings are the best time to visit, just after most others have headed back home. So many little critters come out to play. I even caught a glimpse of a sly little bobcat. And as I was leaving, a majestic blue heron flew overhead.

I am grateful to have such a lovely place to visit so close to home.