person of the mountains

“I’m a person of the mountains and the open paddocks and the big empty sky,
that’s me, and I knew if I spent too long away from all that I’d die;
I don’t know what of, I just knew I’d die.”
John Marsden


I most certainly think this would be the case with me, as well. My home is in the mountains, though I do not live there. I'm close, just an hour away. But not close enough sometimes. I see them just over there, through my windshield or behind the tall buildings. I whisper 'hello, friends'.

And I long.

I do miss being within them... amongst the trees and boulders and wildlife. I miss breathing in the crisp mountain air. There is nothing like it. Even the mountain sunshine feels better, as if it fills you with some kind of magical energy. You smile more.

Soon I will be home again.