follow the sun

We're all golden sunflowers inside.
Allen Ginsberg
 
Forrest Green Man Lavender Farm, Naramata BC

Is this true? I think so.
 
And like the sunflower, I believe we long to follow the sun...
to feel her warmth... to be healed by her.
 
I thought of this as I lounged on my friend's deck this weekend.
My body had been rattled by a cold (or something), and as I sat there and let the sunbeams
soak into my body I thought... I would follow you anywhere. :)
You heal me.

I love these lyrics from Xavier Rudd's song Follow the Sun.

Follow, follow the sun
and which way the wind blows
when this day is done.
Breathe, breathe in the air.
Set your intentions.
Dream with care.
Tomorrow is a new day for everyone,
Brand new moon, brand new sun.
So follow, follow the sun,
the direction of the birds,
the direction of love.

That which is around us in nature is a gift... to be cherished.
And so it should be.