going home

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too.
Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky 
*sunshine on my wing*
Going home, after you have been gone for so long, carries with it a myriad of emotions.  
*the house I grew up in in Weatherford*
I often dream of the place where I grew up. As I drift into sleepy time,
dreams that begin in one place always end up at my grandma’s house
or my childhood home. People I knew 20 years ago become players in a dreamland
play of my life. It is funny how that works, isn’t it?

And going back home after a 15 year absence almost felt like a dream in itself.
I don’t think I truly believed I was there… until I had to  leave.  



and then it was a memory again... before I was even gone.