a walk with birds

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Proverb

It's been awhile since I have enjoyed a walk around my lake.
I was lucky this morning, as my feathered friends were out and about
to sing me a song and see me on my way.

 Mr. Crow was hiding in the pine limbs, patiently waiting for me to make my way by him.

I passed some geese and a lone duck, having their morning swim. The geese can fly now, but they have yet to make their way away from the lake. But... I wouldn't be so quick to leave either.

 
And I was lucky enough to see our resident bald eagle this morning. Of course, I couldn't get too close as he never lets anyone get too close. He surprised me high up in the poplar trees and as I walked by he took flight to another tree behind me. I walked back to find him, but he would have none of that... 

...he took off across the lake to take his perch on the trees there. 

A lovely walk, indeed.