growing babies

"I used to visit and revisit it a dozen times a day, and stand in deep contemplation over my vegetable progeny with a love that nobody could share or conceive of who had never taken part in the process of creation.  It was one of the most bewitching sights in the world to observe a hill of beans thrusting aside the soil, or a rose of early peas just peeping forth sufficiently to trace a line of delicate green."  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
My babies are growing. Up north here, you must start indoors if you want veggies throughout the Summer, and I currently have two separate groups of seedlings growing in the bay window in my kitchen. A tiny family of little plants, that will hopefully provide a bounty of goodness this Summer.
I can't help but smile every time I see these little guys. There is something about a garden, even the beginning of one, that always makes me smile. The tiny plants always look so happy... almost smiling and giggling together. 

I can not wait for the warmer weather to come, so that these babies can go outside. This is one of my favourite parts of Springtime.