the mountains are calling...

"The mountains are calling and I must go"
John Muir


We took a little trip through my Rocky Mountains over the weekend to visit my sister in-law and her family. It was a wonderful 7 hour trip up through the mountains and 9 hour trip back down (we stopped a few times). 

I did nothing but look out the window the entire time. How could I not?
 There is something so very peaceful about these giant rocks...

 ...and the creatures you find living upon them.

 We were on a tight schedule, but just couldn't resist stopping to explore a little bit.

Amazing... there are no other words. 

And if you look closely you will find many special things.
This little guy was enjoying berries just off the side of the road. 

 It was a little smokey in the mountains due to forest fires burning across Alberta and British Columbia.

And as the sun was setting behind the mountains, we headed toward our home...
soon to return.