a quick trip outside

Winter seems a time for all to rest within. The cold will send even the bravest of outdoor hearts inward, seeking warmth and safety. And I can not help but savour the solitude that is so easily found this time of year.
But even though the temperature is hovering around the minus 20 mark, I had to go outside for just a little while.

We have about three feet of this shimmering white powder right now. Beautiful to look at... cold to stand in.

The pine trees still spread their limbs wide, while holding the weight of the world on each branch.

And others wait for their time to shine.
And if you look long enough, you may find a little colour in all of this white.

Winter my friend... you are beautiful. But you freeze my fingers... and my camera.
So with that... I'm headed inside.