late afternoon walk

I was having one of those days today. You know the ones where nothing is really wrong
but something is just not quite right inside.
So I thought a walk might help this feeling go away.
Or at least give me a chance to think about what was wrong...
to bring whatever it was to the surface so I could deal with it.
But the longer I walked and thought, the more confused I became as to what I was trying to accomplish.
Until I reached this one spot...
The sun was hitting the frozen lake at just the right angle...
the air was crisp and the breeze wrapped itself in my hair...
the birds sang to me from their perches high...

and it was here where I stopped thinking and just stood there...
and breathed in and breathed out.

Sometimes it is the simple things that help the most. 

It was a good walk.