a week gone by

I thought to myself just the other day that it had been awhile since I had posted on my blog. Then the next day I thought the same thing... and again the next... and the next. And now I see that it has been quite awhile. Oh those wandering thoughts...

So what has life brought to us over the past week?

Rain... it has been raining here, on and off. I have welcomed the moisture for my garden, and these evening storms are a wonderful way of cooling off during overly warm times. I can't help but sneak outside and walk through the wet grass just after the rain. I love the feeling of the cool green on my feet. And the unexpected droplets of water from the trees fall on my head... I can not help but giggle just a little.

Beauty... we are surrounded by flowers now... all kinds and colors. I think sometimes that the scents in heaven must be quite similar to the ones in my garden... for when I close my eyes and take a deep breath, I certainly feel as if I am there.

Moonlight... a full moon was upon us. It peaked through the pine trees at me as I sat in my living room. I tried to continue to read my book, but it kept calling to me to come outside.

Heartache... we lost our beautiful girl Ebony over this past week. I still can not believe she is gone. I hear her on our deck... I feel her laying beside us. Sweet girl. Read a little about her here.

A week gone by. xx