a beautiful sunday

It was such a beautiful day today. I just couldn't concentrate on laundry or cleaning... not with a sky so blue as this one. So instead...

we had some of the world's best ice cream, and enjoyed it out in the sunshine...

decided to go through downtown on the way back and went for a walk...

watched the happy ducks swimming through the thawing river...

felt like jumping in with them, but decided not to freeze ourselves...

made a new friend along the way...

watched the boy play some more...

spent time with this goose, who adopted us for awhile...

and came home and made these awesome homemade cornmeal-crusted fish sticks.

I feel just great after being outside and enjoying this weather... and my time with my two favourite guys (and our goose).

So what if I have to do load or two of laundry tonight... it is amazing what can be accomplished during commercial breaks. :) I don't watch much television, but Sunday is TV night for me... can't miss the Amazing Race.

Have a great week everyone!